Thursday, March 5, 2015

Be the Best You Can Be

I haven't been blogging lately, because I am working on becoming an expert in my craft.  No excuses I know, but really I have been busy!


Painted Bunting at my bird feeder



Many years ago and today I read a quote from Brian Tracy, a motivational speaker, who said;


"If you read an hour a day, one book per week, you will be an expert in your field within three years. "  Brian Tracy's Blog, (2012).



I must say, that I am currently doing this by taking part in the online portion of the McKenzie MDT diploma program.  Talk about stepping out of your element!  Online classes were completely foreign to me when I started.  My heart rate was a little racy the first week because I didn't know how to navigate the website, the first module was very foreign to me and I doubted my decision to do this.  I must say there is quite a bit of reading, tons of early mornings,  and questions to be answered and discussed.  I am 6 weeks into the online portion with about 6 weeks to go.  Hopefully on the downside of the mountain!   Actually, I am really enjoying the process.  

It is very exciting because the course is limited to 20 participants from around the world.  It is just amazing that I am taking part in discussions with other experts in MDT from Brazil, Scotland, India, Greece, Chile, Canada, Africa, Poland, New Zealand, Australia, and a few interesting states like Pennsylvania, Florida, New Jersey, Virginia, and of course Louisiana.  Just downright amazing!  The internet has made the world a much smaller place and I am grateful.   You see, I have been practicing MDT McKenzie Method for almost 30 years by myself!  To have conversations with others who are so knowledgeable and enthusiastic is invigorating.  

My goal in this endeavor is to simply be the best MDT practitioner I can be and hopefully teach others someday.  MDT is not offered in the physical therapy programs around here in any great detail.  I think it is a shame, because in my opinion,  it is the most effective assessment and treatment plan around.  I would have saved myself some grief in the early years of my practicing if this were taught in school.   This is probably why your favorite doctor or clinician isn't aware of the power of  MDT.  He/she just hasn't been exposed to it in any great detail.   I want to change all that around here.  I want people to have access to rapid results with emphasis on self-treatment for their musculoskeletal problems.  

What is your goal?  Are you setting goals?  Are you taking steps to achieve your goals?  I invite you to join me in stepping out of your comfort zone.  Who knows we could all be experts in our fields if we just devoted one hour a day.  Wow!  Think of the possibilities.

In the meantime if you are having any aches, pains or movement problems interfering with setting and achieving your goals, you know what I am going to say, "Everyone Deserves a Good Mechanical Assessment and Treatment Plan!"  Schedule yours today by visiting grimmpt.com or by calling 504-228-0524.  I hope to see you soon.  

5 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage: The Importance of.... [online] Available at: http://www.briantracy.com/blog/personal-success/5-ways-to-gain-a-competitive-advantage-the-importance-of-continuous-learning-and-personal-development/ [Accessed 3 Mar. 2015].

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post!!
    Please look here at Physical therapy is a rehabilitation process to restore physical function and mobility, maintain physical function, and promote physical activity and proper function. Top Rated Physical Therapy Near Me is a comprehensive experience that begins with an initial assessment and extends through the recovery and prevention phases of recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strive daily to surpass yesterday's self. Small improvements compound into greatness. Embrace growth, embrace your journey. Be the best you! ActiveMed Integrative Health Center

    ReplyDelete