Saturday, January 31, 2015

Patriotism,CrossFit and I

When I began CrossFit a little over 3 years ago, I was a little dismayed over the hero workouts.  I am pretty sure that I am the most patriotic person I know to put it in perspective.  Here we are doing a silly workout named after someone who paid the ultimate sacrifice for me and my country.  Really?  It felt like a "dis" to me at the time.



My emotions are running a little raw this week so forgive me, please.  You see, I just watched American Sniper.

First, I just want to say that I am eternally grateful for all of our first responders out there, including EMS, the fire department and the police force and to our military.  You will always see me at every game tearing up or outright crying during the national anthem because I just can't help it.  I even get emotional when I watch them sing the national anthem on TV.  Why is it that the only time we really honor our heros is with a CrossFit workout?  My attitude about these workouts has changed over the years because it really is the only time on my radar, so to speak, that we seem to take the time to honor our heroes.
 Just as in the movie American Sniper on one of his trips home between missions, he says there is just no sign that anything is going on.  Americans are just so oblivious to what are military is currently doing to protect our freedom.  It literally blows me away.




If you are suffering from pain or movement loss, you may have a rapidly reducible condition.  If you want to find out check out grimmpt.com where "Everyone Deserves a Good Mechanical Assessment and Treatment Plan!"  Call 504-228-0524 or visit grimmpt.com to set up your evaluation today.


No comments:

Post a Comment