Sunday, September 21, 2014

Why What I Do Won't Work

As my mother used to say, and probably still does..."I wish I had a quarter for every time  you said that!"  Geez, thanks mom...What I wish is if  I could get a quarter for  every time a patient comes back for a follow up visit and says they aren't 100% better.  When questioned further, I generally hear that they didn't do the exercises as prescribed or at all.   Well...

It doesn't work if you don't do your homework!  Period.  The McKenzie MDT evaluation for your lumbar and cervical spine or extremities is extremely reliable and validated.  This means it has been proven by research to be very useful in diagnosis and preferred treatments.

I have worked extremely hard to fine tune my evaluation skills so that we are wasting very little of your time (and mine too).  I have also worked very hard to determine which movement or prescribed therapeutic exercise you need to do to remedy your condition.  Occasionally, I come across a few problems that PT or MDT cannot correct and this is made clear by the evaluation.  Sometimes the evaluation will take a few visits and include many repetitions of one or two movements over time to determine if this is something you can actually treat yourself.  If you do the work and your condition isn't rapidly resolved, maybe you need another intervention.  Just remember the magic will only happen if you do the work...

MDT is almost magical if you do the exercise enough and as prescribed!

Don't you think it is worth it to give it a chance?  However, I want to make it clear here.  If you are not interested in learning to treat yourself and to resolve your issues in the least amount of time and are unwilling to do your homework, don't bother coming to see me. Why?  Because it won't work!   There are plenty of others out there who will gladly take your money and your time.  If you want I can refer you to them.

No "Brainer" if you do the work!
 However, if you want more information about the McKenzie or Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment Method, you may click here.   Also, check out this video below.  Its a good one!



You know what I am going to say..."Everyone Deserves a Good Evaluation and Treatment Plan!"  If you are willing to put in the time to do your prescribed homework then check out GrimmPT.com or call 504-228-0524 to set up your assessment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment