Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Most Decadent Paleo Recipe Ever!

Today I thought I would do a little something different with the blog.  Matt and I had some good friends over to watch the LSU-Mississippi State football game. Ugh!  Plain old painful.    We normally tailgate with them for the Saints night games at Emerils.  I know, I know...suffering! Anyways, I have been thinking about  my favorite dish there which is Smoked Mushroom and Tasso Pasta.  Of course, being all Paleo and everything you know I won't be ordering that anytime soon but thought what if?  What if I tried to make it at home with uncured bacon instead of tasso, coconut milk instead of heavy cream, and zucchini instead of pasta?  So that is what I did.  For you non-paleo people out there here is the original recipe...you can stop reading the rest here.  Smoked Mushrooms and Tasso over Orecchiette


Boy, do I love Emeril Lagasse's food!



I was so worried it would be like "SWYPO" like the whole 30 people talk about.  Honestly, it was just as good and equally satisfying.  Take my word for it. So here it the recipe and I know you are going to thank me...so you are so welcome!

Smoked Mushrooms and Bacon over Zoodles
Serves 6 normal people or 3 Crossfitters here is the recipe:

3 - 8 oz cartons fresh button mushrooms with stems removed and quartered
3 Tablespoons olive oil
My Big Green Egg
3 Tablespoons Emeril Essence (I made my own with this recipe here )

First, you need to smoke the mushrooms.  Emeril sells a stove top smoker, but hey we have a Big Green Egg that is great at smoking so we did that first.  Believe me, that is the secret ingredient and it is so easy and so good. Toss these together and smoke in a  stove top smoker or regular smoker about 25 minutes. (You should consider getting a good looking guy to do this for you like I did, because they will taste that much better!)  Set aside and cover with plastic wrap or you will eat all of them before you finish the dish.

For the next step you will need the following:
3 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
1 chopped onion
2 large cloves of garlic chopped
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 package of Pederson's  uncured sugar free Paleo approved bacon chopped (uncooked)
2 cans full fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon Lousiana hot sauce
6 zucchini cut on a spiralizer or julienned to resemble spaghetti noodles
Zoodles -  spiralized zucchini 

Heat oil and add chopped onion and bacon.  Cook until onions and bacon begin to brown,  add garlic and green onions and stir til garlic and green onion softens but don't brown.  Add coconut milk, hot sauce and mushrooms and simmer to combine  favors.  Add zucchini or zoodles to the sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes until zucchini are cooked.  Serve warm.

I like to add more protein on the side so we served this with smoked chicken wings from Nom Nom Paleo which are almost as awesome.



Let me know if you make this and what you think.  Hail Emeril for inspiring this dish!

See Paleo can be just as good as anything you have ever had!!
  Smoked Mushrooms and Bacon over Zoodles

However, if this dish doesn't ease your aches and pains you know what I am going to say.  "Everyone Deserves a Good Mechanical Assessment and Treatment Plan!"  Visit grimmpt.com or call 504-228-0524 to set up your evaluation today.




2 comments:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Trouble FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

    Want to munch on some tasty recipes TONIGHT?

    Check out this book: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete