Sunday, March 9, 2014

Exercise and Changes in the Brain?

I was reading this the other day on the New York Times site and it really got me thinking.  Exercise and a non-sedentary lifestyle really are more important that we think.  I know that I have always felt better and had much clearer thoughts when I exercised regularly and now there is some evidence here to support why this may be so.  This article discusses how inactivity can actually cause changes in your brain!

The take home message would be to get up off the couch, away from the computer, limit the gaming and get some old fashioned exercise in.  It sure sounds like exercise is a more powerful modality than we think it is.  If you read my last blog post,  you know I recommended increasing your exercise and to include cardio, stretching and strengthening.

I regard exercise so highly that I am proud to establish  my office in a CrossFit gym called CrossFit Roux.  I believe that exercise which emphasizes functional varied movements is one of the answers to longevity and health.  CrossFit is only one type of exercise program but it is currently my exercise of choice.  Why? Because it is fun, it is scaleable to everyone's capabilities, adapted to provide for disabilities and is for all ages.  It is challenging, but with good coaching, it will help to increase your fitness level and help to provide mental clarity.  Doesn't that sound nice?  I would love to workout with you.  If interested just shoot me a text or email me so we can workout together sometime.


This commercial by Reebok sums up CrossFit better than I can so take a peek:

Any exercise program that is varied and somewhat intense is sure to expose some underlying dysfunctions or issues you are having with your body. Prolonged sitting at a desk or years of gaming generally won't expose these issues.   Chances are you haven't moved correctly or enough in several years.    If you find this to be the case with yourself or if your exercise regimen  or recreational activity is limited by joint or spinal pain then you know what I am going to say..."You Deserve A Good Biomechanical Assessment and Treatment Plan."  Check out grimmpt.com or call 504-228-0524 to set up your evaluation today.

No comments:

Post a Comment