Saturday, November 8, 2014

My Bad! I thought you wanted to get better quickly...

It is difficult sometimes when you are able to diagnose a painful problem and teach someone how to abolish their symptoms in an incredibly short amount of time.  In fact, it is probably going to take some kind of major shift in our thinking to truly accept this.




I have had two patient's this week who were pain-free and independent with their home program in 5 visits which is awesome!  However, they didn't seem to like it, because their insurance company had approved several more visits and they felt they were entitled to use them.  "I have paid a lot of money for more insurance so I am going to use it!"  Doesn't that mean all of our premiums will go up?




I had another similar incident with a patient involved in a legal case.  The attorney was quite upset that his client got better so soon and demanded I continue to see him.  What?!?  Really?  

Since when did lawyers become healthcare providers?
What is it going to take to help people help themselves instead of lining attorney's and healthcare practitioners pockets needlessly?  

Just wondering.


Thanks for reading this.  I am a little frustrated with it all to say the least.  Would love to hear your opinion.


However, despite all of this I do believe that "Everyone deserves a good mechanical assessment and treatment plan!"  Call 504-228-0524 or visit grimmpt.com to set up your evaluation today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment